- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup cashew paste (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt Pinch saffron, soaked in 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
- lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Fresh lemon slices, for garnish Metal or wooden skewers
1.Grind ginger and garlic into
a paste using a small food processor.
2.Combine all ingredients in large bowl,
add chicken, and cover with yogurt- spice mixture. Add cream if
marinade seems too thick. Marinate, covered in refrigerator for
2 hours. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour.
3.Heat oven to 350 degrees. Skewer chicken, leaving space between pieces on
each skewer. Place skewers on baking sheet, and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
To serve, remove chicken pieces from skewers. Arrange on plate with
lemon slices, and top with coriander leaves.
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 whole nutmeg
1.Toast all spices for garam masala
in small sauté pan, over medium heat, about 5 minutes until fragrant.
Allow to cool in the pan. Transfer contents to a spice grinder and
grind to a fine powder.